FINANCIAL Divorce services:
A separation agreement or property settlement agreement;
- Becomes a written contract spelling out each party’s rights and obligations
- It details how individual property will be divided and what transactions are to occur to equalize family property
- It provides details on amount, how and when child and/or spousal support will be paid
- A mediated report produced in the mediation process becomes the framework for your final agreement
- If there is little to no marital property, no debts and no children you may not require a separation agreement to file for divorce
- Separation agreements are traditionally the result of financial statements, net family property statements and client negotiations.